Establishing Canada as a must-visit destination for Australian travellers
Increase in Brand Recall
Increase in Year on Year Partner Leads
Digital Ad Send Managed
Increase in Dwell Time on Content
Destination Canada (DC) was planning a major tourism campaign targeting the Australian market. Their main objective was to drive travel bookings to Canada and capture as much interest as possible over the peak holiday season.
They wanted people to consider Canada as a potential holiday destination, particularly its lesser known provinces and its beautiful 'off the beaten path' regions to explore.
Using a primarily digital, story-driven, and content-first approach, DC wanted to build on the momentum from their previous campaign and also develop new relationships with boutique and tier 1 Australian media publishers. They also wanted to continue developing insights into campaign performance, increasing transparency of operations and results across paid media.
Destination Canada contracted Liquidlabs to manage the digital marketing for the Australian component of their global campaign.
After an initial scoping and research phase, we worked with over a dozen acclaimed tourism and publishing partners to rollout a national campaign utilising content marketing, paid amplification and Google search.
Publisher activity inspired and captured the imagination of our target audiences, with over 80 pieces of unique content being created. After we worked with our partners Fairfax, The Urban List and others to pique audience interest, we used paid ads and search to follow up with high intent users and grow appetite for DC's product offering.
The digital campaign saw a huge upswing in leads, a significant CTR increase, and over 20.5 million impressions. DC not only saw an 8% increase on brand recall, but successfully forged new relationships with key Australian publishers.
We're very proud to have helped Destination Canada understand, at a much more granular level, all the major touch-points of their prospects along the marketing funnel. We revealed a broader insight into their audiences (existing and untapped), audience behaviour, and their asset performance.
Marketing, Sales and Customer Service
- 5% increase on year on year visitors from Australia to Canada.
- An increase of 8% for Destination Canada brand recall was achieved as a result of the 3 month campaign.
- We delivered an increase of 77,568 year on year partner leads.
- Content pages were viewed more than 562K times, resulting in a year on year increase of 32%.
- Our digital strategy resulted in a total of 20,498,678 impressions being earned, demonstrating large market reach.
- An increase of 5% for consideration of Canada as a travel destination with exciting and interesting things to do.
- Empowered Destination Canada with a fully mapped out, custom built attribution model that captured audience KPI and behavioural data.
- Over 300 display creatives were developed as a part of the integrated digital strategy.
- More than 200 landing pages were developed and split-tested using best practice CRO strategies.
- 89 unique pieces of content were created and promoted over the 3 month campaign.
- We worked with more than a dozen tier 1 Australian Trade and Media Content partners for the campaigns to rollout Destination Canada's 2017 campaign.
"The Urban List worked with Liquidlabs on a digital integrated content and amplification campaign for Destination Canada, with great results for all involved. The data driven strategies combined with a great team, made it an awesome campaign."
The Urban List
Clients we've worked with...